Posted on Jun 29, 2007 | Comments 0
When the baby is born the most important part in setting up the nursery is baby bedding.
You will choose crib as the primary baby bedding.
You should make it as safe and comfortable.
Baby beddings are fun to select and buy.
No matter what type of baby bedding you choose; make sure that it confirms to all safety guidelines and standards.
Baby crib bedding comes in variety of styles, shapes, colors, finishes and in different themes like angles, flowers and cartoon characters.
Care to take while setting baby bedding
- Make sure that the crib mattress fits tightly against the rails, so the baby canâ€™t get trapped between them.
- You also want to be sure the crib sheet fits comfortably and tightly, nothing loose or bunched up. The surface of the crib must be smooth and splinter free.
- Make sure that the baby bedding is clean and fresh. Until your baby is at least a year old, a quilt or comforter should be for decoration only.
- Baby bedding in the crib needs to be unobstructed by blankets, pillows or sheets, so that her face is clear at all times and there is no danger of obstructing her breathe.
- Check the mattresses regularly and make sure they are still in good condition.
- Place a small foam wedge on your baby bedding that can be used to keep your baby from rolling on her stomach.
- Keep all the pillows, stuffed animals or other toys away from your baby bedding.
- Make sure the babyâ€™s sleepwear is clean and soft and appropriate for her age and for the weather. You do not keep them too warm or too light, as babies canâ€™t control their own body temperatures at first.
- Baby bedding sheets should always be fresh and clean. If your baby is sensitive to fragrance then use unscented detergents.
- Select the soft color sheets for your baby bedding that provides restful baby sleep.
- Too much color and contrast will stimulate the babyâ€™s vision and keep her alert, just when you want her to wind down for bedtime or a nap.
- Place the crib at a place that is calm and restful for her.
If the baby is sensitive to dust, keep the baby room free from dust and the space under the crib clutter-free, so it wonâ€™t build up any dust. Hence you can avoid sneezing and runny nose at naptime or bed time.
As the babies grow up, their bedding needs constant updating. Flexibility is an important factor when selecting baby bedding. Follow the above rules while setting your baby bedding for restful baby sleep.