Posted on Aug 29, 2007 | Comments 0
Selecting baby blankets is not a difficult task. There are some things to keep in mind while selecting the baby blankets.
The purpose of baby blankets is essentially to give warmth and security to your child.
Baby blankets come in a variety styles, patterns and textures, with lots of bright colors and designs that babyâ€™s love.
Baby blankets are made of cotton, linen, flannel and animal skin. Some are made of satin and lace and studded with pearls and gems.
They make good baby shower gifts or even as gifts for a newly born baby. Your baby often becomes so attached to the blanket that they keep it for years. A baby blanket is an important item, so choose it wisely.
Here are some of the things you have to keep in mind while selecting the baby blankets:
- Look for blankets that are prepared of a solid piece of fabric, avoid those that are loosely knit with large holes.
- The baby blankets that you choose must be light weight. The first baby blanket that you will be using with your little one is a receiving baby blanket. You can use a receiving blanket to wrap your baby. Most of the newborns are swaddled in a receiving blanket while awake and asleep.
- The receiving blanket must be lightweight and breathable. The material should be 100 percent cotton and are machine washable.
- Thermal and fleece are popular types of baby blankets. They both can keep your child warm while sleeping. They are also both soft and durable and are known for their soft and comfy feeling. You can use these baby blankets for much of the childhood years.
- Personalized baby blankets are so soft and cuddly. They keep your baby nicely snug and warm.
- It is advisable to choose baby blankets that are quick to dry and are easily washable as babies tend to frequently wet their bedding.
- The other baby blankets that you can use are baby quilts and baby Afghans. Baby quilts are thicker so they will be warmer. This blanket is preferred for the winter time, especially when taking your baby out in the cold.
- Baby Afghans are handmade and are nice to use when you want to cover up the baby.
- Choose those baby blankets that are large and wide enough to be inserted under the mattress. Hence you can avoid the chance of your baby being tangled up while sleeping or playing.
Posted in: Baby Products