Posted on May 19, 2010 | Comments 1
Mothers who have newly born babies have options on how they can feed their baby. Feeding babies their milk is very essential because, as a new born, they are in great need for the proper nutrition that promotes their physical and mental growth. The two options mother have today are namely breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
From the beginning of time, mothers always followed the manner of feeding their babies through breastfeeding. Today, those numbers are slowly declining as the world is starting to move to other means of feeding; bottle feeding.
We must also put into consideration that not all mothers today are able to breastfeed as part of their complications, which have to be dealt with either way.
As a topic at hand, bottle feeding has a growing number of supporters worldwide. Perhaps a great reason for such a decision would be that there are quite a number of mothers who are more aware of its benefits and what it can do to help them.
There are some interesting facts about bottle feeding that mothers should know, and for those who want to try it, here are the reasons why you should as compared to breastfeeding:
1. Bottle feeding can be done anywhere. Mothers who choose bottle feeding over breastfeeding can be assured that they can feed their babies anywhere, even in public areas.
It is as simple as making sure that there are spare bottles of milk, and feeding it to the baby whenever it is needed.
2. Bottle feeding can be done by anyone. Babies do not necessarily need to be fed by their mothers themselves; given the circumstances, babies can be fed by practically anyone. This also saves a lot of time for mothers, especially if they are busy with work and can not be with the baby all the time.
3. Bottle feeding and nutrition. The milk used in bottle feeding usually has a lot of the much needed nutrients babies need today. The fact is that there is a lot of Vitamin D present in bottle feeding as compared to some breastfeeding mothers can actually supply.
4. Controlled eating habits for babies. There are mothers that prefer bottle rather than breastfeeding because it allows for the baby to drink less milk in a day.
A mother can easily monitor the milk intake of a baby and could not worry about over feeding. This is possible because milk fed through the bottle allows for less digestion, thus allowing the baby to drink less.
5. Could afford to be less conscious of mother’s intake. Mothers who breastfeed need to watch the intake of certain food or medicines because it could have consequences on breast milk and eventual complications on the baby as well.
In essence, a lot of mothers today choose bottle feeding over breastfeeding because of its comfortable aspect in every way.
It not only has its benefits in nutrition, but it also has good points on the convenience it offers mothers given their busy schedules, hectic work, and other stressful errands that have to be done.
Posted in: Feeding & Nutrition