Posted on Aug 20, 2008 | Comments 0
When choosing toys for your baby or toddler, make sure you inspect them carefully for things that could cause injury.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these guidelines when choosing safe child toys:
- Make sure each toy is sturdy, well-made, and appropriate for your child’s age.
- Don’t let your baby play with toys that have sharp edges or points, or small parts.
- Make sure parts fit securely and are not loose.
- Read labels to check for safety information. Look for toys that are non-toxic, washable and hygienic.
- Don’t let your baby play with any toys that are smaller than 1 3/4 inches in diameter or 2 inches long, as these may pose a choking hazard.
Source: Yahoo News