Posted on Sep 04, 2008 | Comments 0
One of the most distressing situations in your life is dropping your infant at the daycare. You can be plagued with doubt, worry and guilt.
Various questions will come in your mind like, is the daycare center you chose for your baby the right one, will the employees take care of your little baby, will the baby settles in the new environment etc.
What to look for in a daycare center?
Donâ€™t blindly choose the daycare center with the suggestion of your friends or relatives. In order to get clear idea about the daycare center, you need to plan for a visit. Always, the first appointment should be an unplanned one.
Make the visit as little and sweet one as possible. If you like the things over there then make another visit for a deeper search.
You should be prepared to ask various questions. They include:
- Know about the ratio of staff and children in the daycare center. Are the teachers sufficient to give careful attention for each and every child?
- Know the qualifications that the teachers have. The teachers who are taking care of the children should have early childhood degree or certification.
- Observe whether the place is clean or not. The local health division will give the rating for every child care according to the facilities. You can ask for the sheet and look if there are any violations marked on it.
- Know the kind of schedule that they follow. Usually, babies thrive on good routine, so it is essential for every daycare to include the routine into the regular activities.
- Observe whether the staff is interested in listening to your needs and wants of your children.
- Look for the type of activities that your children are going to participate. Look for the availability of toys, books, equipment, playground, etc for your baby to use and also look whether they are in good condition or not.
- Carefully observe the eating and sleeping place. You should have a look at the eating and resting area. Look whether there is sufficient availability of cots and beds.
- The last and the most important one is, observe the interaction between the teacher and the child. Do you observe the evidence of staff and teachers who are glad to be employing and taking care of the babies? Do you find so much laughter there for your baby? Do your children look happy and adjusted well?
Before planning to place your child in a daycare center, keep these things in your mind so that you can find a better care center for your child.
Posted in: Baby Care Center