Posted on Jan 17, 2011 | Comments 0
Obviously the fact that babies cannot speak can flummox new parents as to the reason why their baby is bawling. Here is a checklist of the reasons why babies cry; eliminate them one by one to see the newborns’ cause for distress –
1. Hunger may be the most obvious reason why a baby cries – look for other signs such as rooting, smacking of lips and sucking of fist or fingers which are all signs that baby may be hungry.
2. A dirty diaper could be another reason for crying. Some babies seem not be bothered by a dirty diaper, while others don’t want to tolerate it for a moment longer than necessary.
3. Tired or sleepy. Parents may despair about this but it is inevitable – babies get tired and sleepy but cannot get to sleep by themselves; they have to be put to bed. Also overtired babies are more difficult to get to sleep.
4. A crying baby may simply want to be held. Cuddling with a parent, being held so they can see that beloved face and hear that voice, hearing a familiar heart beat and the unique smell of the parent; sometimes that may be all that the baby wants!
5. Sometimes it could be tummy problems like gas, colic, and so on that is causing the baby to cry.
Posted in: Baby Care