Posted on Aug 07, 2007 | Comments 0
Using a baby sling can make life easier for you and is good for your baby.
Baby sling is also called as â€œbaby wearingâ€. It is very common in most cultures around the world.
Baby sling provides a simple way of carrying your little one and can also be used for infants and toddlers.
Most of the mothers today find that slings are the most convenient and enjoyable way to get around with their babies.
Slings come in variety of sizes and styles. Some of those are ring slings, pouch slings, wraps, simple piece of cloth in a variety of shapes and some Asian style baby carriers.
Benefits of baby sling:
- It is very convenient for every mother. You can breastfeed discretely in a sling while working, getting things done around the house, shopping or eating in a restaurant.
- It is much friendlier to your framework than backpacks and simple arm toting.
- Babies in a sling are less prone to colic and are less likely to spit up excessively.
- Usage of baby sling can lower the death rates of premature infants. The natural movement and stimulation provided by being in a sling promotes neurological development.
- One of the greatest benefits in keeping the baby in a sling is that both mom and dad can more easily complete daily tasks around the house.
- Nurtured babies feel safe, secure and loved while they are in the sling.
- Sling supports in continuing the parent-child relationship in the early days.
- Using a baby sling can make you more tuned towards your babyâ€™s needs.
- Your baby finds soothing environment in the sling which arouses the pressure, motion and warmth sensations they experienced before birth in the womb.
- It becomes easy for you to reduce fussiness and crying in your baby. It helps to lull your little one to sleep. Your baby sleeps comfortably for longer hours while he is in the sling.
- Baby sling helps to reduce the level of stress hormones in your baby. It gives a restful night sleep for both of you.
- Carrying a baby encourages cognitive development and speech development.
- Your baby can see and observe your active life while he is in a sling.
- It is better for your back. Baby sling distributes the weight of your baby evenly across your whole back.
- The other possible benefit for your baby is increased learning. Babies carried in slings have more alert times compared to babies who are placed in bassinets or cribs after each feeding.
Safety concerns while using baby sling:
- Use baby carrier correctly otherwise there is a danger of dropping your baby.
- Use a suitable sling otherwise there is a chance to develop back pain.
- When an improper baby carrier or improper positioning is used then there is a risk of damage to the developing bones.
- Suffocation as result of worn of your baby.
Posted in: Baby Products