Posted on Aug 04, 2010 | Comments 0
Babies require attention and care in everything that they do, which is why parents should be careful in selecting the things that their baby will use. Bath time is not an exception, and the use of a baby bathtub is important.
Bathing your child is just one of the most joyous moments shared by mother and child, as this provides several minutes of touching them and sending them love and care. But before you give your child a bath, you need to make sure that you are using products specifically designed for the use on your baby’s sensitive skin.
The use of a baby bathtub is also a necessity, as it has several benefits apart from the obvious, which are safety reasons.
Babies can easily drown in the too-deep waters of an adult bathtub.
Here are other benefits of using a baby bathtub:
- The baby bathtub doesn’t occupy much space and comes in foldable and portable varieties, so you don’t need to worry about additional installation or creating new space to accommodate this. Some models are even portable and small enough that you can use them on sinks, and benefit from the gentle stream of water coming from a sink faucet.
- Choose a baby bathtub that has cushioned corners and side bumpers, which will provide added support to your baby and protect him from hard corners that regular bathtubs would have. This way, you can enjoy long leisurely baths for your baby that is 100% safe for them.
- When bathing an infant, you will want to choose a baby bathtub that comes with additional head support, which allows you to use your hands to concentrate on bathing them properly. Head support is also mounted high enough so that it is only your baby’s body that is submerged in water during their baths.
- Some styles also come with grips that you can use to hold your baby in place and prevent them from sliding within the bathtub, which is especially important for bathing infants who don’t know how to walk. These grips also prevent slipping.
- You can use your baby bathtub from the period of infancy until they reach the toddler years. You can choose from a variety of sizes that will suit your babies’ needs as they grow and develop, but still adhering to important safety measures.
- You can enjoy leisurely moments while bathing your infant in a baby bathtub at the same time that you are also showering. Some bathtubs are floatable in water and can fit in an adult tub, which will definitely provide some great bonding moments between mother and child.
- Bath seats are also recommended for use in your baby bathtub, which can help you give your baby a bath safely if they cannot sit up well on their own just yet. There are many accessories you can add to your baby bathtub for a worry and stress-free experience for you and your baby.
Posted in: Baby Products