Posted on Oct 26, 2015 | Comments 0
Babies are constantly found to be touching things and taking toys and other things in their mouth. Due to this reason, they constantly come in contact with germs and pick up illnesses easily. In order to avoid this, it is important to keep toys clean and dirt-free all the time. While this too may not completely reduce the risk of falling ill, it will definitely drop down the chances. The following are some of the best ways and tips to clean baby toys:
- The first thing to do is to separate toys that are washable from those that are porous, stuffed or have batteries inside them. After doing this, you must devise different techniques for cleaning each type of the toy.
- It is best to read instructions on the labels of the toys and find out the cleaning instructions.
- The best way to clean most of the baby toys is to scrub them. Doing so once a week is a good idea as it helps to remove all the germs, particles and dust that they may have accumulated within this period. However if some of the toys get particularly dirtier, then you can even consider scrubbing sooner.
- As far as the washable colorfast plastic toys are concerned, it is best to disinfect them with a solution of regular bleach with water. Soak the toys in this solution for about 5 minutes and then rinse them before air drying.
- If you have the time, you can also sanitize toys with your hands. This is ideal for those toys that have nonporous and hard surfaces. This can be done daily with a daily sanitizing spray.
- For cleaning dust mites, you can place the stuffed toys in the freezer for a few hours. This can be done when the baby is asleep or is not at home.
- The small plastic toys which do not have any batteries can also be placed inside a dishwasher. You can also put a little bit of detergent and hot water so that the toys will be both cleansed and sanitized.
- You must not machine wash the toys which have batteries, the ones which are old or fragile, the ones which have glued items on them like bows and ribbons, the ones which are too delicate and also the ones which have foam inside them.
Posted in: Baby Toys